1 full-time post available
Catalyst Psychology is a Social Enterprise, Community Interest Company delivering Child and Educational Psychology Services in the City of Manchester and Greater Manchester Region. As a third sector not-for-profit organisation we provide publicly funded services commissioned by schools, local authorities and other bodies.
We are delighted to be able to offer this opportunity within this successful company. Since our establishment in August 2011 we have built a reputation for high quality, effective services for schools, children and families in the communities within which we work. Demand for our services is high.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Psychologist to join our existing post holder. We are looking for graduate psychologists who want an opportunity to develop their skills and apply psychology in innovative and creative ways.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- supporting the role of the Educational Psychologist in providing a high quality and sustainable educational and child psychology service to schools in Manchester;
- working with teachers and teaching assistants to implement the advice provided through educational psychology assessments;
- planning and delivering outcome-focused interventions for individual children or groups of children who may be vulnerable and/or have additional needs;
- assisting in the preparation and delivery of training in areas of psychology relevant to educational and child psychology
- writing summary reports and intervention impact assessments
We would particularly welcome applications from practitioners who may be seeking to become an Educational/Child Psychologist in the future.
- a friendly, energetic and supportive team;
- high quality supervision and opportunities for personal development;
- opportunities and encouragement to explore the application of psychology through evidence-informed interventions in school and community settings;
- a strong focus on evaluation, research and development;
- links with universities in the region, both at undergraduate level and through the professional training courses;
- access to an administrative and resource base in a local community setting;
- relevant tools and resources, including smart phones and laptops.
Successful candidates will be employed under Catalyst terms and conditions.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Dr Paula Muir, Senior Educational Psychologist (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application by CV and covering letter. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification
Applications should be returned by email to email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 3rd May 5pm
Interviews: Wednesday 9th May
Start date: Immediate (or as soon as possible)